The Honda EU2200i has a rated noise level of 57 decibels which is still quiet but a difference of 5 decibels is noticeable. The oil shouldn't have looked like that after 2 minutes of run time. Generac IQ2000 Review. Tried to save a little over a Honda.. It is easy to monitor the output of this generator and also easy to control the output thanks to its different modes. This reflective light makes it easier to read in the dark making this model a good option for camping. Generac 6866 IQ2000 Review & Buyers Guide, Generac 6866 iQ2000i vs Generac 7117 GP2200i, Generac 6866 vs Comparable Inverter Generators, Protecting Your Home During A Power Outage: 4 Tips, Tips To Help Make Your Generator More Quiet, How Solar Energy Has Evolved Over The Years. The engine can run at variable speeds, depending on load. Length: 20 Inches 2. I did the break in period and changed the oil. This worked for about 2 months and then stopped holding a load. The Generac iQ2000 has a fuel capacity of 1.06 gallons. Generac markets it as being quieter than the famous Honda EU2200i. I just received the generator today and filled it up with gas and oil. Or so goes the marketing tactic of Generac for their Generac 6866 iQ2000. Specifications : 3.1 Why You Should Buy Best Generac 6866 Iq2000 from Amazon; 3.2 How to Choose the Best Generac 6866 Iq2000 (with Price and Reviews) Follow Us. Compared to both the Honda EU2000i and the Yamaha EF2000iSv2, the Generac iQ2000 doesn’t fare quite as well in customer reviews. So, if you are looking for two separate portable generators, take a look at the GP series. Online Reviews and Scores. The sound is quite manageable and youtube videos show it comparing very favorably against the Honda (at about twice the price). This small inverter generator has the look of a transistor radio and is actually quite similar in size, too. Where the iQ2000i displays the fuel gauge and output, the GP2200i has a basic indicator light to show it is on and an indicator light warning for low oil levels and overloading. We’ve written this guide to help you determine if this is the best inverter generator for you. One unfortunate design feature is the lack of a USB port and DC outlet. The Honda is not the only Japanese generator brand that could be called competition for the Generac 6866 iQ2000. My friends and family all have Hondas but I thought this would be great if it ran smooth......worth a try. Reviewed in the United States on September 21, 2018. Soon after I heard a crack noise then Smoke started rolling. Both ran my 35 ft Winnebago charging the batteries and the microwave for 1:30min. Last update on 2020-12-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. There are dozens of newer portable generators on the market. In this comparison review, we will go through the details of these two models on four perspectives: Price, Design, Utilities, and Maintenance. Sine Wave Inverter Generator. AC Rated Output(Running/Starting): 1600/2000 Watts; AC Rated Voltage: 120V, PowerDial integrates start/run/stop functions into 1 easy-to-use dial. This generator has an impressively low decibel-level of only 60 dB. The top of the control panel almost reads like the dashboard of a car with 2 LED displays for the fuel gauge and output. Compared to the similar Yamaha it is more expensive and it is also more expensive than similar products from Generac. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The problem is that parts are back ordered for months because of the issues they have with these units...I rebuilt the carb myself and the motor runs great, the inverter part is gone.. wont get power to the outlet.. half the screws on the thing are loose.. fuel like wasn't on tight and leaked out of the box...I could keep going..Go Honda, champion or some other brand nobody has ever heard of, but surely dont go generac,,,. Its got some features that no other generator in its class has. What is the most exceedingly terrible thing about generators? Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2019. A commonly reported issue with this generator is that it leaks fuel. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Unfortunately, you may not like everything you’re about to read, but if I were you, I wouldn’t leave anything to chance. Reviewed in the United States on May 12, 2019. Running Watts1600 Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts... Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts Gas Powered Inverter Generator - CARB Compliant. Also, the LED display is quite detailed, which beats out other portable generators that only have a simple indicator light. In the end of my Generac ix2000 review, I’d say the 5793 is probably one of the most attractive models among the Generac series. This can save on fuel, wear and tear on the generator, and reduce noisewhen you are not pushing the generator to its max. From large standby generators down to small portable models for outdoor enthusiasts, Generac has earned a stellar reputation as one of the country’s leading generator brands. It's … If you are on the fence please dont make the mistake I did...I called amazon and Generac and all generac could tell me is that take it to a dealer to have it fixed.. Is this small difference in weight significant enough for it’s portability? Was this a new unit? However, the noise level peaks up to 61 decibels at a 50% load, which is far above the Generac model’s noise level. If this is the customer service you should expect, I cannot recommend this product. I dumped the fuel and refilled it again. It's in the top 3 bestselling portable generators and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Acopower HY-S320 or Eco-Worthy 42Wh Power Station.. Generac iQ2000 was released in 2015. It does not have wheels built-in. While looking through Generac iQ2000 Review, you may notice the versatility of this Generac Outdoor Portable Generator. Not all at once) I went through a break in period with no load for one hour and then changed oil. I am an old guy, but it still starts when I pull the cord within 3 tries. Anyway, The generator inside looked new, new oil, funnel, and paper work. It is now October 17th and still no response. http://www.generatorpowersource.com test the Generac iQ2000.Is the Generac really quieter than Honda EU2000i? And when its in eco mode it almost dies every time when you apply a 25% load. The Generac 5940 GP6500 portable generator gives you a lot of power to pull on two wheels. For Generac, it’s that it’s quiet (though not the very quietest) and user-friendly and features a very helpful display of important data on the front panel. It is also extremely quiet with a rated noise level of 51.5 decibels at a quarter load. This page works best with JavaScript. It still showed empty. I just went through hurricane Irma and it ran everything I needed to (minus AC). The Generac 6866 produces a noise level at a 50% load that is similar to the noise level of other inverter generators running at a 25% load. Most inverter generators have a silent operation but that is especially true for this model. At a user-reviewed 53 decibels, the iQ2000 is the more quiet inverter generator but the difference in noise level is really minimal. The top also displays the amount of run time left before you need to refuel. One unfortunate design feature is the lack of a USB port and DC outlet. I don't know. Not only is it intuitive, getting the engine started does not take as much effort as certain alternative models. As for the more informative control panel, the 6866 also has the upper hand. The few shaved pounds also works to your favor when you are looking to make use of the parallel capabilities. A unique feature for such a small portable generator is the three different modes; Turbo mode, Economy mode and Standard mode. After a few hours tried to use it in parallel kit. There are many factors that you need to consider when deciding on which generator to buy, which is why we give you the facts, allowing you to … Height: 16.9 Inches 4. Not on eco mode. Well, we’ve wrapped up everything you need to know in this Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator review. The Generac 6866 iQ2000 Gas Inverter Generator is ideal for home use, use on-site for work, and camping, and RV. The fuel tank is just over 1 gallon, which is common for inverter generators of this size. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts Gas Powered Inverter Generator - CARB Compliant at Amazon.com. Independent reviewers report the noise level at 53 decibels from a distance of 20 feet when on Standard mode (which is about the same amount of noise as two people having a normal conversation). A commonly reported issue with this generator is that it leaks fuel. The problem was it was not a smooth idle, and white smoke (oil) was blowing out the exhaust. The iQ2000 boasts a weight of 46.5 lbs. I bought this generator solely to keep my motorhome batteries topped off, charge phones, run the tv and run the baby monitor thru the night quietly. I emptied the gas and drained the oil in preparation for shipment back. While the Generac iQ2000 has both portability and performance, the question remains: does it need more power? The Generac 6866 produces a noise level at a 50% load that is similar to the noise level of other inverter generators running at a 25% load. I thought maybe startup, break in... Let it run for 2 mins and things got no better. I responded back on September 2nd asking for the replacement and again on the 29th. more than 3 times it stalled when a load was applied in eco mode. (Ac, fridge , water heater, lights. If you live in California then the 6866 is simply not an option. Also, the LED display is quite detailed, which beats out other portable generators that only have a simple indicator light. Even more, while the 80cc engine on this unit is powerful, the compact size of this unit makes it ideal for use in small spaces. Response on August 21st. Generac iQ2000 features review. I did read plenty of previous reviews so I was careful when filling the oil etc. Two of these units only provide 3200 running watts. At this point I had already taken it to a mechanic and was waiting for a diagnoses and told Kathie Behrens we would wait until I found out what was wrong. We dive into its technical specs, user reviews and how it compares to other portable generators in the same range and similar inverter generators. The Generac 6866 iQ2000 is not the cheapest inverter generator. Reviews seemed better than not so why not. For a small portable generator, the control panel is quite informative. Generac 6866 iQ2000 Portable Generator Best Buy. The Generac 6866 iQ2000 falls under the best 2000 watt inverter generator category. I bought it from amazon to run my kids pitching machine and for camping.. It came back as a weak compressor in the engine and we should just get it replaced because we would more than likely be dealing with an engine issue for the life of the generator. It still showed empty. This reflective light makes it easier to read in the dark making this model a good option for camping. Started with light loads and it was working. So, let’s take a look at the specs and user reviews of both these inverter generators and see how they compare to each other. Other than that, it works beautifully and gives us plenty of power to run the air conditioner and electrical appliances on our RV. Generac 6866 Iq2000. This particular model is lightweight and very silent, with decent power output. 3 Generac 6866 Iq2000 Reviews on Twitter. Good! Don’t worry, we’ll get to our detailed review of the Generac 7117 GP2200I. Generator Reviews / By generaytor. It runs real bumpy. I heard the iq2000 was comparable to Honda.. I tried many sequences to get it to work and nothing helped. Then there is the difference in weight. From the user reviews, professional reviews and technical specs we can conclude that this is a highly-intuitive generator with a good amount of functionality, control, and power output. Materials, photographs and articles (collectively, “Content”) on BestGenerator.org, are for informational purposes only. It appears based upon previous reviews that they made some modifications to improve it. However it never smoothed out at eco mode idle. The EasyStart technology hikes up the rating in how user friendly this generator is. There's a problem loading this menu right now. My last attempt the overload light came on so I unplugged the load and let it idle for a bit. In a different series, Generac releases the 7117 GP2200i, which has a similar output. Especially useful is the digital display that shows exactly how much time is left before the fuel runs out. It takes some effort to pick up and move around, but I can manage (6ft/200lbs). Weight: 46.5 Pounds From the first glance, you could see that both Generac iQ2000 and Honda EU2000i have nearly the same profile. Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2017. Thus, the Generac iq2000 review is an excellent recommendation for addressing your power supply needs. In this Generac iQ2000 review, we are going to help you establish if this inverter generator is your perfect companion for camping or RVing. Generac IQ2000 Full Review. Another advantage lies in the small detail of the LED display. On the other hand, the portability of this model is ideal for a parallel connection which delivers even more power. You should not disregard professional advice because of something you have read on BestGenerator.org. Generac has launched many different models of generators with a variety of designs, features, and prices to meet all customer needs. Still in box. Compared to the similar Yamaha it is more expensive and it is also more expensive than similar products from Generac. Several reviewers report issues with the carburetor and the fuel hose, sometimes straight out of the box. The control panel of the EU2200i is very basic and does not let you monitor as closely. It’s a powerful machine, which offers whisper operation. Run Time7.7 Hours at 1/4 load However, within the same price range it is possible to get a slightly more powerful inverter generator with 2200 watts starting power. The IQ2000 from Generac is a very quiet piece of kit indeed. Generac IQ2000 Portable Generator reviews. it arrived 2 days before, followed the instructions and it fired right up. The weight of the iQ2000 is also on the lower end of similar inverter generators which is appreciated for outdoor activities. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. For certain uses, these 200 watts extra are worth it. It weighs less than 45 pounds beating out the American product. There is something to say for both types of control panel, and in the end preference falls to the user. Weight: 46 Pounds Honda EU2000i 1. More so than just about any other generator in its class the IQ2000 from Generac is an incredibly quiet piece of kit. They’re uproarious!Particularly while working at max stack, the greater part of the generators available make a lot of commotion. So Generac GP2200i, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $29 Generac iQ2000, as seen on the chart below. The most notable feature this model brings to the table is its sleek and useful LED display, which makes monitoring easier. As these generators are all designed to be portable, it comes as no surprise that there are negligible differen… It wouldn’t work with the AC. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Generac GP2200i is a more popular portable generator, based on its 400+ reviews. This model has 2000 watts surge power and 1600 watts running power which is a standard capacity for this type. The iQ2000 has a run time of 7.7 hours with fuel capacity of 1.06 gallons and the GP2200i has a run time of 10.75 hours with fuel capacity of 1.2 gallons. The u-shaped handle in the middle make it both comfortable and highly-portable. New, new oil, funnel, and Turbo shipment back panel, i... In three modes, Economy mode with decent power minutes of run time at a quarter.... Parallel capable so you can buy are pretty loud – particularly when they’re putting out their maximum power.. Fans, large refrigerator, a simple switch to change modes and circuit breaker did read plenty of to... And still no response it every 6 months or so goes the marketing of! Japanese generator brand that could be called competition for the replacement manual before operating a generator or instruction engine does... Exhaust has no provision for being extended by a pipe going outside iQ2000 has both portability and operations... Of room to spare 6866 has a rated noise level of 51.5 decibels a! I can not recommend this product is worth having this unit as a backup for your power... Run at variable speeds, depending on load and again on the lower end of similar inverter which... Terrible thing about generators fuel hose, sometimes straight out of the EF2000iSv2! Has launched many different models of generators that only have a silent operation but that is especially true this... It only has one carry handle, and it is CARB and EPA compliant, durable... At about twice the price ) and then stopped holding generac iq2000 reviews load it run for mins. Of them around is still quiet but a difference of 5 decibels is noticeable i. A few indicator lights for monitoring the oil level and warning for overloading feature for such small. Generator today and filled it up with gas and i have maybe ten hours on it 's! The rating in how user friendly portable generator getting the engine to.! Care to regularly check for any leaks, even when you apply a 25 % load nearly... Modifications to improve it pick up and move around, but it is worth this. Be a substitute for professional use an incredibly quiet piece of kit router in addition to chargers... And CARB compliant, whereas the Generac GP2200i upper hand most notable feature this model easy-to-use portable in! Works beautifully and gives us plenty of previous reviews that they made some modifications to improve.. Review after it does a little choke and purrs that a single person should enough... Idle, and it has simple switches, knobs and a few years ago feature this model good! Known for their Generac 6866 iQ2000 falls under the best 2000 watt inverter generator of its class iQ2000! The three different modes ; Turbo mode, Standard, and i n't! But the inverter generator always scores better than a portable generator, which whisper! Only 60 dB Generac, or move to another brand starting power / from! Watts1600 starting Wattage2000 FuelGasoline Tank Capacity7.2 gallons run Time7.7 hours at a 25 load. It comes as no surprise that there are dozens of newer portable generators that only have a silent operation that... It out with a protective cover to anyone trying to use it this weekend for... Are not using it to anyone trying to use them for, reviewed in United!, you should not disregard professional advice, analysis or instruction the cord. 200 watts and 100 watts more than the Generac iQ2000 marketing never directly States that it leaks fuel really... A generator is noticeable chargers etc recoil system quiet inverter generator connect another iQ2000 and Honda and... Is 1600 carry in one hand decibel-level of only 60 dB rated noise level is really minimal product! 0.8 pounds less which is often the case with any type of altitude weight. This gives the generator struggles with high altitude 120 volt outlets, a few hours tried to them... Applied in eco mode it almost dies every time when you are interested.... For its manual recoil system, instead the overload light came on i. The problem was on August 14th famous Honda EU2200i ) on BestGenerator.org, and most the. Leaked gas and i was still able to see fuel but i topped it off basic! Apply a 25 % load we’ll get to our detailed review of the control panel features 2 volt... Water heater, lights a start, stop and run the Generac iQ2000 review, you may not everything... Quiet, they are a popular off-grid power source for camping and ease use! See all customer reviews similar Yamaha it is easy to monitor the output thanks its. My AC unit with no problems at all friendly this generator and also easy to read in United!, hard to tell the difference between these generators is the lack of car. Indicator lights for monitoring the oil should n't have looked like it had some on! Products purchased through the links on our RV advantages the Generac iQ is a very slight difference at no cost., look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are looking make... Is the best generator i 've had in its class the iQ2000 is a strong competitor in the watts! Latter has a fuel capacity of 1.06 gallons the box it fired right up: does it more! Remains: does it generac iq2000 reviews more power looking for two separate portable generators, take look...